Monday 11 May 2020

Iris Birthday.....

Haven't crafted for a few days as I've been making the most of the beautiful weather we were having....what a difference  it is today...back in my jumper.. but I do believe the warmer weather is returning at the end of the week...fingers crossed.

This Iris card was made a while ago using a very old Anita's stamp...does anyone remember them?  Years ago I was a demonstrator for them but I must say their stamps weren't that brilliant in the early days...  most of the stamps have long gone but have kept the odd one and the Iris stamp being one of them...a very simple design and quick to colour.

How have you all being doing in lock down? After hearing Boris last night Looks like us  'oldies' are in for a few weeks longer...with the stash I've got I reckon I could do another year!!

stay safe

Anne



Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

brenda said...

A very seasonal Spring card Anne, our Iris's was beautiful this year, all but finished now but the digitalis are just showing colour.

B x

pam said...

Beautiful card Anne, love the Iris and colours.
Think I`m with you on the stash front!.
Stay safe Pam xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is so pretty Anne. Lovely stamp and gorgeous colour. I'm very happy to continue in lock down. I was rather disappointed with the PM's ruling to be honest. I can see there being a second surge at this rate because there are some idiots who will take advantage. I'm not a fan of Sturgeon but in this case I thinks she is correct. Ah well, it is what it is but John and I continuing exactly as we have been doing all along. Take care and stay safe. Christine xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful is your card Anne love the image and the layout also the colour too!x

Pat said...

I love this Iris Anne and love the pretty mat you have stamped it onand love the lilac spotty paper. Take care. x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Anne. I love the decorative edge around the beautiful irises. We've seen lots of irises in people's garden recently when we've been on our daily walks. xx

aussie aNNie said...

I have heard of these stamps but don't have any. So beautiful though and lovely card.x

Aquarius said...

Well, there's a blast from the past - pretty card

Janice said...

A really pretty card Anne, The lilac against the purple is very striking.
I remember Anita stamps and think I have a couple. More crafting for us all for a while.
Take care.
Janice x

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning Anne, I love the image and colours you have used, hugs Pops x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Anne, I love the pretty flowers and colours
Lorraine x

Jules said...

Hi Anne

A really beautiful card .. .. lovely soft colours and papers. The edging to your image panel is the perfect finishing touch!

There are still quite a few of Anita's stamps in my collection .. .. and believe it or not I still use them as well.

Love Jules xx

Pat K said...

Very pretty spring card Anne..lovely image and the lace frame makes it so special. Take care xx

Fabiola said...

Oh que c'est beau Anne, chic et féminin. Une magnifique couleur, biz

Darnell said...

Haha, me, too, Anne! Maybe even two years!! Great attitude! And really great iris card! I love your coloring and design with the beautiful edged panel and pretty pp!! Take care and continue to keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Sandy said...

beautiful and so feminine. My Mother's favorite flower.
Sandy xx