Tuesday 31 August 2010

Something a bit different....

It's been a very long time since my brayer last saw daylight so thought I would have a little play.
I started off with slightly 'coated' card and using a Big and Juicy Hydranga ink pad inked up my card but masking out a circle for the moon first before brayering.
Several stamps have been used on this card, the reeds and background is one stamp which I bought on that well known auction site quite a while ago but I dont remember it having a name it was just an unmounted stamp. The birds over the moon is a stamp from Lavina Stamps, the 'trees' stamped on the top of the card is a little stamp from Clarity but any leaf stamp will do. Having stamped I though the card needed something else so I've added my little bird punch with leaf from Stampin Up. I really enjoyed making this card so think I might do another one.

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well done with the brayering and great idea to use the punched birds to give it some dimension. B & J inkpads are so useful.

Karen said...

Lovely card Anne - well done on the brayering technique; looks really good. Makes a difference using the SU bird on the branch - gives it some dimension.

Jill said...

Love this card Anne, really effective and the SU birds finish it off a treat.
Jill

Kaz said...

Very eye catching, lovely card.
Kaz xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is stunning Anne and those stampin up birds are perfect finishing touch.
luv
Debby

Fabiola said...

c'est différent mais superbe, biz

Unknown said...

Oh wow! It's fantastic Anne!

Annie said...

It's fabulous - such and amazing combination of stamps and punches - fab.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT