Sunday 12 February 2012

St Lukes Challenge Mid Month Post......

Our challenge over at St Lukes this month is Love and Lace.
While doing a bit of sorting our recently I found this Spirelli hearted green heart...Do you remember Spirelli?  So rather than throw it away decided to use it for my mid month post for St Lukes charity card challenge.  Using gold thread to wind around the heart, I cut out 2 other hearts one to layer onto the Spirelli heart and another small one to mount a gold heart shaped button I found.
Thought I would get away from the usual red as the spirelli shaped heart was green.  Mounted onto to paper from my stash, the lace part of my card is a Memory Box die and just added a Craftwork Card sentiment....


Anne

17 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love your colors... so elegant! Such a pretty card!

Janie Printz said...

Anne this just beautiful. I love to see something different done with hearts & this is wonderful. What a gorgeous card with the gold thread around it & the that great little edging you used. You're just too creative my friend. and it's great to see something non traditional.
Hugs, Janie

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Oh Anne, its perfectly lovely !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxx

Aquarius said...

Well it does pay to have a turn out now and again - I'd forgotten all about Spirelli!! This is very effective and a nice change from all the red hearts around. That lace die is beautiful.

Sasha said...

Fabulous creation, Anne. I love your gold spirelli work, it looks lovely around your heart:)

Canonbury creations said...

Love these colours Anne and the heart is beautiful!
Val x

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is stunning, the green and gold make a wonderful colour combination. I really like the spirelli work too!

Vittoria said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog, Anne. And congratulations for your cards, they're amazing!! Keep up the good work! Love, Vicky

Marie-Louise said...

Great card. Love the spirelli heart.

Tan's Hobbies said...

This is such a stunning, absolutely beautiful, great color combination, fabulous' card, Anne!!! I love, love, love your Spirelli hearted green heart.

June Nelson said...

OOh Anne this is beautiful and I love the spirelli heart too, its ages since ive seen any spirelli done on cards, its goregeous xxx

Jose said...

Love the colours you have used, you have made a beautiful card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely stunning Anne!

Fabiola said...

superbe! biz

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Anne, I remember spirelli first and second time around!!
Jenny x

José said...

How beautiful. Love the spirelli heart. I actually did a spirelli card yesterday. Great fun and a lovely rsult.
Fabulous card Anne!

Sandy said...

I do not know how you did this Anne but it is absolutely beautiful. I think you are soooooo creative!
sandy