Tuesday 19 October 2010

My disaster card.....

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing goes right?? I've had one!
Started this card added the 3D the flowers and mounted in onto Nesties, popped it down on my desk but didn't realize that the back of the image had silicone on it and of course it stuck to a white frame which I had punched out ready to use on another project! Decided to leave it rather than throwing the whole lot in the bin, looks a bit strange I know.
Added some SU backing papers, stamped my sentiment added some cuttblebug corners and a bit of ribbon and some trellis, then thought 'oh' instead of wasting a little scraps of paper I would make some faux brads. Thinking I had finished off my card popped it down and promtly my bottle of glue fell onto my card.....'Oh blow' I said or words to that effect! Silicone all over the corner of my card, so then had to hunt out an embellishment that would cover my distaster....hence my butterfly charm. Why do I still use silicone? Silicone and I just dont mix.....Think I will pack up today and go and have a nice cup of tea....

5 comments:

Fabiola said...

je la trouve plutot chouette, faut pas être si dur avec toi, mais il y a des jours comme ça, biz

Janie Printz said...

Well I think your card is wonderful !!! How did you pop up those sweet looking Lilies? It looks amazing !!! What is silicone & yes my dear we ALL have days like that. I have them quite often ..Beautiful card my friend.
Hugs, Janie

Aquarius said...

Well you managed a gorgeous card out of a disaster - what luck that the white frame got stuck on straight - if it was me it would have been really crooked and unusable!! Some days it seems we should just walk away and do something else. Hope today goes better for you.

debby4000 said...

I think it turned out fine, love the white frame pulls your eyes to the lilies and the butterfly charm is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Karen said...

Well Anne - no-one would have know it was a disaster if you hadn't told them!!! lol Certainly looks like you meant the frame to be off-centre and it looks good like that and the butterfly looks great where it is.