Sunday 22 May 2022

I have returned.......Gardeners shed...


It' been a few weeks since my last post.....hubby and I had manged to stay clear of the dreaded Covid for over two years and then wallop! 
I spent 3 days in bed and was quite poorly but hubby wasn't too bad..   Kept testing and eventually after 12 days we were negative.... 
Luckily we had booked a few days holiday on the south coast and thankfully we were able to go.   We were so lucky with the weather wall to wall sunshine...Lots of walking along the prom, caught up with family but generally just chilled out..  Like most people who have had Covid we've both felt very tired.....

Anyway back to my card...it's my brothers birthday on Tuesday and I made him a similar card as both he and his wife love gardening and he loves his shed.  I've got several garden related dies so have combined  some to produce my card..  Like a lot of us I always cut too many bits out so have used some of the  'leftovers' to make another card....left a sentiment off for the time being..

What a beautiful day today...we've had our grandson and partner over for lunch which was lovely and spent some time afterwards sat in the garden in the sunshine...

Hopefully I will catch up with your blogs sometime this week...

Thanks for stopping by

Anne


Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

A brilliant selection of garden dies, always good if you can mix and match sets. I'm sure your brother will love the card you made for him.

Christine Harrop said...

Super card Anne. I'm so sorry to hear about your Covid diagnosis. The same thing happened to my brother - two years of nothing then wham! Believe it or not he caught it from his 15 month old grand daughter. She tested positive but fortunately had no symptoms. His wife didn't catch it though. Strange how it hits people isn't it? Glad you enjoyed your holiday though. Christine xx

Pat said...

This is a wonderful card for a gardener Anne and the woodgrain background works brilliantly for all the tools and pots and I love the wheelbarrow and the watering can and a sweet hanging plant. Sorry to hear you and hubby both had Covid but it was good that you were better and able to have a few days away at the coast and a catch up with family too. x

Viv said...

Great card Anne - quite fitting for what I've been doing recently! Am sure brother loved it.
The same thing happened to me with Covid- 2 years avoiding then got it right between the eyes!
I was so poorly it was unbelievable. I get fed up when I hear people saying it's only like a slight cold - for many it is but there are some of us for whom it is nothing like a slight cold!
Glad you managed some lovely time away though to recuperate. x

meg said...

Pleased to read that you've both recovered from Covid and were able to enjoy your short break. A fabulous card for any keen gardener

Gibmiss said...

Hi Annie
Sorry to here you have both been poorly …..
Your card is lovely…
Keep Safe
Hugs Sylvie xx

brenda said...

Sounds like you must have been ready for that sunshine break Anne. This is a perfect card for a gardener.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully coloured, love the dies and a gorgeous card.

Lee said...

so sorry you have had to go through the Covid.I have no idea as have been so lucky not to get it,so I do hope you are ok.Love your card,just brilliant.xx

Pat K said...

Oh dear..so sorry to hear you and hubby had to go thru a bout of Covid. Glad to hear you are doing ok but do take it easy and enjoy the sunshine. Your card is perfect for a gardener...lovely card. xx

Janice said...

Fabulous garden themed card Anne, I’m sure your brother loved it. So pleased to hear you’re feeling much better now and we’re able to get away.
Janice x

Fabiola said...

oh que c'est sympa...biz

Sandy said...

Can't believe it has taken me this long to leave a comment. Glad you are recovered from Covid and you were able to have a nice get away,
Your card is delightful with everything one needs for a bit of gardening.
Sandy xx