Tuesday 18 January 2022

Sapphire Anniversary....

Sorry I've been a bad blogger and not posted but I have been busy 'behind' the scenes making birthday and anniversary cards for January and February,  this is the first one I can show you as its our friends Sapphire Anniversary 45 years today....although having posted the card off last Thursday it still hasn't arrived.... I don't think we are getting post everyday now and talking to a couple of friends they think the same...

Anyway again trying to us up my stash I've used a paper doily and an image which I've had for years but can't remember where it came from apart from a craft fair many moons ago....  

Did you know that there are two Sapphire Wedding anniversaries?  I didn't until a friend told me it was their 65th anniversary and this one is called Blue Sapphire Anniversary.... you learn something every day..

Its been very foggy and  frosty here today and I read that snow is on its way for the UK....fingers crossed it doesn't reach Somerset..

Thanks for stopping by

Anne
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

This is such a lovely card Anne.I didn't know there were two sapphire anniversaries. Ho strange. I was quite surprised when you said it was for a 45th anniversary because I only knew it it for 65 years. We have got freezing fog this morning too. Very unpleasant. Take care. Christine xx

Aquarius said...

A lovely image, set off beautifully with the pretty doily and the sapphire blue layer. I didn't know sapphires were for 45 years either, always known it for 65.

meg said...

A beautiful card Anne,the gorgeous blue layers appear to shimmer,Congratulations to your friends

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely to see you Anne with your beautiful card. No, I didn't know that there were two Sapphire anniversaries but they say that you learn something every day. It's our Ruby anniversary soon and I just don't know where the time has gone. I've not been a very good Blogger myself so far this year. I'm still enjoying making Christmas cards but I don't really like sharing them until theback end of the year, so I should be make up for lost time then! Take care x

brenda said...

I had to think about how many years that was Anne so am glad you said and had not idea there were two, we've passed the first one so should have known. Your card for the occasion is very delicate and pretty.

B x

Sandra H said...

Wow this is just such a wonderful card xx

Janie Printz said...

So lovely to see you posting your beautiful cards again. I truly miss seeing your wonderful creations… hope all is well with you & your family.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautifully done, I love using square doilies and I have learnt something today too.

Pat said...

Such a beautifu card for your friends on their Sapphire Anniversary. I didn't realise there were two different Sapphire Annivery either. The lacy background is gorgeous and goes beautifully with the image and that blue silk card is fabulous Anne. x

aussie aNNie said...

A lovely card and gorgeous design, very nice..xx

Lee said...

What a Stunning card,do hope they get it ok.x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous anniversary card Anne. The pretty paper doily really makes it so elegant and I love the touch of silver. xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Anne, the pretty doily is just perfect for the lovely image.
Janice x

Fabiola said...

Que c’est joli et élégant Anne, biz

Sandy said...

Sounds like you have had quite a winter. We have had several days of cold and wet weather too.
Anne this card is so beautiful - I love the look of the lace on the sapphire background. So antique and romantic looking.
Sandy xx